I really need to work on my photography because this picture doesn't do the dish justice. I'm taking a class this month to finally learn how to use the nice DSLR camera my husband bought me 2 years ago for Christmas and I can't wait!
I also must confess that I don't know much about cream cheese. I know it's not a health food, but we almost never use it and I thought this dish would benefit from it. It's not often that I eat creamy dishes so I thought I'd indulge a little for this one.
This is so easy - you just throw everything in the crockpot and let it cook for a few hours and you have a delicious dinner waiting for you.
Crockpot Chicken and Cream Cheese Soup
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 cups corn (I used frozen)
- 1 - 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 1 - 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
*use mostly organic ingredients if possible
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to crockpot
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook on low for about 3-4 hours, stirring every hour or so.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from crockpot, shred, and return it to the crockpot.
- Cook on low another 1-2 hours, season with more salt and pepper to taste.
We all loved this dish (including the kids!) which makes it a recipe I'll make over and over again.