This dip is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. My friend Brie made it when she hosted our book club, and I simply couldn't get enough of it. I took a risk and made this, a healthy dish, to take to a superbowl party and it went over great. Even the guys were digging in. Soon after that I made it as an appetizer at my son's birthday party and once again, everyone loved it! It is super simple, healthy, and pretty. And the best part is that I've transformed it into a lunch many days since then. Instead of layering it on a platter, I put it in a whole wheat tortilla.
I don't have an exact recipe for you but it's pretty simple:
Hummus, Feta, and Veggie Dip
- hummus (I use plain)
- bell peppers
- red onion
- Greek seasoning (optional)
- Spread the hummus on a plate or platter, not too thin.
- Sprinkle some seasoning on the hummus.
- Dice the veggies and sprinkle them on top.
- Sprinkle on the feta cheese. I've recently discovered that buying a whole block of feta and cutting or crumbling it is WAY more flavorful than the crumbles you can buy.
- Serve with whole wheat crackers and enjoy!