This is sort of embarrassing. It's been almost a year since my last post, but for those of you who don't know me personally, I have a great excuse. This little buddy...
And although most blogging moms can work right through pregnancy and the newborn stage, I just wasn't up for it. Grant is 6 months old now and I'm finally feeling like we have somewhat of a routine and I really want to start connecting with you all again! I've thought about some new topics, I've made some yummy recipes, and I'll be sharing all of that soon.
After a magical Christmas with the kiddos, I finally started to make some time to take care of myself. Until then I might have had one Green Drink in all of 2013. Here are some old and new things I'm trying to incorporate back into my life:
- Green Drink almost everyday
- Cup of warm water with lemon upon waking in the morning
- Workout videos
- Walking when this crazy winter is over
- Incorporating raw veggies into every meal
- More tea, less coffee (nothing wrong with coffee in my opinion, but I'm just trying to drink more tea)
- Baking some healthier treats made with whole foods (like Coconut Palm Sugar - see below) rather than having junky candy when I have cravings
Here are some random things we've been up to
- Sam started Kindergarten (LOVE his school).
- Riese started preschool (LOVE her school, too!).
- We got a brand new kitchen and knocked out a wall in our house over the summer and lived with my parents during the 3 months it took to complete the project.
- I've been using butter from grass fed cows instead of my Earth Balance spread and feel really good about eating a whole food that has lots of nutrients in it
- Researching the best foods to feed Grant
- This one is really random but I wanted to include it for mamas out there who think they can't - - I had Grant with no epidural!! Totally planned it, even though I had epidurals with Sam and Riese and it was surprisingly WAY easier than I thought. Please, if any moms are curious for more details on that, just ask!
Coconut Palm Sugar
This is something I've been using in the treats I've been baking. I eat something sweet everyday and I figure it's better to have something homemade with whole foods ingredients rather than buying anything processed from the store. I have a few recipes that I'll share soon, but for now I wanted to tell you a little bit about this:
This sugar is from Whole Foods. You'll find that sometimes it's called "coconut sugar" and sometimes "coconut palm sugar". I have also bought it from nutiva.com. Here's some info on it:
- lower on the glycemic index than other sugars
- similar taste to brown sugar
- contains potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and B vitamins
Please bear with me as I try to make time for more blogging. I love blogging so much, mostly because I love to hear how my readers have made positive changes in theirs and their families' lives after reading my posts. But it takes time.
Also, let me know what you want to know more about. I'll probably be doing more recipes (because they're usually easier to post about) but if there are specific requests I'd love to address those as well! You can comment using the Facebook comment box or by scrolling down to the regular comment box.
I plan on using instagram and you can follow me here. Also, to make sure you're getting emails when I post a new topic please put your e-mail in the space on the sidebar to the right.
Thanks for reading! It feels good to be back :)