I realize this post is not for everyone. BUT, if you've been thinking about switching to an all natural laundry detergent, then this post is for you!
I have been making this for a few months now and I really like it. It's easy to make and so much cheaper than the all natural detergent I was buying online.
I came across this recipe on cleanmama.net. She makes a lot of DIY cleaning products and I trust the recipes she shares. So when I made this I had no doubt that it would work well, and it does.
This takes about 10 minutes to make. Here's what you'll need:
Easy, Homemade, All Natural Laundry Detergent
- 2 cups borax
- 2 cups washing soda
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 bar castile soap, grated
- 20-30 drops essential oils (optional - I like lemon, thieves, and peppermint)
1. Grate the bar of soap with a cheese grater. (I mix everything in a big trash bag so I just grate it right into there.)
2. Measure out the rest of the ingredients and put them in the trash bag.
3. Close the bag and gently mix together, then empty into an air tight container.
I use 1 to 2 tablespoons per load, depending on the size and how dirty the laundry is.
I love the way the soap looks when grated!