I may not love dreary, cold weather, but I love breaking out the crock pot on these days! I love that I can throw in all the ingredients early in the day, and then when dinner time rolls around it's READY! The crock pot has been on repeat around here lately and this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com showed up in my inbox yesterday so I thought I'd give it a try. Here it is, just slightly adapted from the original recipe.
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Chili
slightly adapted from this recipe on skinnytaste.com
- 1 onion
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2-3 cups frozen corn
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 - 4 oz cans chopped green chiles (I used fire roasted from Trader Joes)
- 2.5 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (or a packet of store-bought)
- 6 bone-in or boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or 3 chicken breasts)
- Mix together all ingredients in the crockpot except chicken.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the crock pot and stir.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. Then shred chicken, take out bones, and add chicken back to the crock pot. Cook 1 more hour on low.
I always love to add sour cream to any chili. It would also be great topped with shredded cheese, green onion, and avocado! Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram here.